A big thanks to Rachel Malburg for nominating me for the Liebster Award (by the time I got to finishing this post, two other bloggers – maybemamamcnabb and chaoscream were kind enough to nominate me as well! What with all the appreciation from WordPress editors & users and now this, I’m sure feeling lucky!
I’m listing the award rules here (which I have shamelessly poached from Rachel’s blog):
1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with less than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are my nominees:
7. Body Karma
9. The Odd Spot
My questions to the nominees:
1. What made you start a blog?
2. How has blogging impacted your life?
3. What are you passionate about?
4. Life-defining moment?
5. Marooned on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
6. What’s the most outrageous thing you have ever done?
7. What was the last thing you purchased over $100?
8. What’s the last stamp on your passport?
9. Favorite quote?
10. All-time favorite blog?
And finally, here are my responses to the questions I had to answer:
1. What was your first job?
It was a summer job as a call center exec selling mobile phone connections way back in 1999!
2. Why did you start blogging?
To document my journey and share my experiences as a mom-in-waiting.
3. What kind of family did you grow up in?
Close-knit, incredibly loving and supportive.
4. Is this where you thought you’d be in life at this age?
At 36, trying to have a baby after a miscarriage, two surgeries, a failed IVF and several thousand dollars down the drain? No!
Married to the best man out there, working on a PhD and living a full life? Always hoped to!
5. What is your favorite place you’ve visited?
Kuaui, Hawaii. Heaven on earth 🙂
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Vietnam or Alaska
7. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever purchased?
Hah! That would be our last IVF cycle… if that counts as a ‘thing’!
8. Cat or dog person?
9. What is your favorite book?
Have more than one. Although ‘Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime’ stands out.
10. What’s your favorite movie?
Ahh, this is a tough one. As a doctoral student of film, I find it hard to confine my liking to any one movie (or director for that matter!). In general, I like stuff by Woody Allen, Scorcese, David Lynch, Wong Kar Wai, Dibakar Bannerjee, Yash Chopra and Anurag Kashyap).