This always happens. Blogging takes a backseat and as I plot each day to give word to my tumultuous mind, something else takes over and before I know it, there’s a veritable truckload of random-ness to feed to the cyber-world.
So here goes (in no particular order):
1. One month from now, right at this time I will be in LoneTree. That thought makes me dizzy with excitement and sick to my stomach in terror.
2. Hell hath no fury like a woman Lupron-ed. Doubt it? Call my husband.
3. This Friday it’s my left eye’s turn to get laser-zapped. Right eye tolerated said zap-ness admirably well but not before some truly fat tears were shed in anticipatory nervousness.
4. My eyes still remain very, very dry. Since I’m about to add another cocktail of hormones to my daily diet, can only imagine how poor eyes are going to take it. Sometimes I make myself yawn just to get some moisture in my poor eyes!
5. I rub my eyes excessively and tend to stare a lot nowadays as a result of the dryness. Probably explains why I got shifty looks from folks at the mall this past weekend.
6. I’ve injured my left arm/ shoulder from yoga. It now bears the honorable badge of a frozen shoulder or a torn rotator cuff. It is b.l.o.o.d.y painful, especially at night. Don’t get to sleep much.
7. No sleep + point no. 2 = go figure!
8. I spend an inordinate amount of time doing hot/cold compresses for my shoulder and warm compresses for my eyes. And arm stretches. And eyelid scrubs. Eye drops. Muscle rubs. Add chiropractic treatment and acupuncture to this and voila! watch my day poof away into oblivion.
9. PhD dissertation? What’s that?
10. I’ve come to the conclusion that after three years of my reproductive organs hogging the limelight, my other body parts are now playing a crazy competitive game of ‘let’s show her who’s boss’.
11. On my daily walks (no yoga remember?!) in the past week I have discovered a decapitated doll, a yellow toy teacup (so Tim Burton, no?), tons of luscious spring flowers, a house numbered ‘one ohh ohh one’, the pleasure of swaying on the swing with eyes shut and the cutest doggy with a mournful expression who I always find peeking out of the blinds from his house.
12. I’ve been trying to meditate every night for almost a month. My mind just does not know how to shut the heck up.
13. I get craazzaaayyyy dreams. Like you might stop reading this blog if I put them down. They are scary, graphic and often wake me up in tears.
14. I miss India A LOT. In the past 3 years I’ve spent only four weeks there 😦 Thankfully, I spent good time with my parents and my brother this past year so at least that’s nice. Still, I miss my friends, I miss ‘home’, I miss the food, the craziness, the shopping… everything.
15. Despite 14. above, if I cannot go to India for the next couple years because of ‘the right reasons’, I will be the happiest soul ever!
16. I am so, so bored of food and of cooking. I’ve been cooking a lot and we go out often but nothing seems to hit the spot. What I truly crave is spicy konkani seafood. Perhaps I should try cooking some?
17. I need to go do my cold compress thing.
18. Hope you all are having a brilliant week!
20. Yea, yea I’m going.
21. No really…
22. Okay, here I go